Getting Started with Counseling
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Maria Robinson
My name is Yesenia Reta, founder and owner of Fullness of Life Counseling. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) serving Bradenton, Sarasota, and surrounding areas.
I started my practice to provide counseling that promotes healing, restoration, and hope for families in my community. The type of healing I promote is emotional healing of past or current wounds, sometimes existing across generations. Through an awareness of existing emotional pain or unresolved issues, relationships within the family can then be restored to what they were or were meant to be. This may involve the marriage at the head of the family, a parent-child relationship, a sibling component, or an individual in the family looking to be restored to emotional health. Through healing and restoration, then comes hope, being able to look forward to the future and the growth of each individual in the family and the family as a whole.
Because we are not raising ourselves, the family unit is an important component of who we are and how we exist in this world. We come into this world with a set of traits and predetermined personality but are raised in a family that forms our character and influences our value system. So the way I see it, to understand an individual, one must look at the system it was raised in and that system is more than likely a family unit. This is not about blaming or judgement, it’s about a growing awareness and learning new ways of existing together in the family unit and in this world, outside of the family unit.
I support people who are struggling with one of more of the following concerns:
- You are in a marriage relationship or cohabiting relationship and struggling to communicate, feeling disconnected, or in a pattern of hurting each other.
- You’re a parent feeling that you don’t know how to control your child’s behavior or don’t know how to help your child manage their emotions or difficulties.
- You’ve been told you’re too sensitive and not sure how to handle your varying emotions.
- You’re feeling misunderstood, alone, or have no hope for the future.
- You’re constantly worried or afraid about the future, your own or someone close to you.
- You’re overwhelmed and feel like you aren’t doing enough to keep up with all the demands in your life.
Once you’ve read through my website, next is a conversation to answer additional questions and to determine if my services meet the needs of you and your family. I offer a free 15 minute consultation before setting the first appointment. You can call me at (941) 800-1513 for a free consultation or to schedule your first appointment.